Friday, January 09, 2009

Studio class and co-op

Whew! what a couple of days. Soooo happy to be back into the swing of things with school, and this includes my studio/art classes in Thursdays as well as the co-op we attend (and I teach at) on Fridays.
Thursday brought a festive fiber atmosphere as we get into knit/crochet/felting/ serwing of it all with my studio class (last session was printmaking). F was inehr element, as were all her classmates. It will be really exciting to see all the projects when done. 
Today brought a bit of discomfort to Fi, she was not ammused yb disection in her science/lit class. I love that she did it, I love that she had a lot of feelings about it, but mostly I love that she know what the inside of a grasshopper and a starfish look like. For all the complaining she did, she couldn't stop describing what she saw, how it felt and smelled. Lots of really neet descriptions, like the inside of a starfish looks like raw meat (ewwww!) but cool! Anyway, it was a really great day. A had fun with the boxes I brought for the younger ones to marker up and sit it. Spanish for both girls went well...A frequently comes out of there spouting all sorts of phrases. She just loves her teacher!And we are all loving the shorter day (was 9-4, now 10-3). So happy for the weekend of cleaning, rest and reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment