Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If the funk over?!

Ever understand why parents used to send their children away to apprentice with another family? I can honestly say I never had, until the funk hit my sweet Fi hard. She is almost itching to go and do something, somewhere, but doesn't want to leave home (think Joe in Little Women). Oh the yelling, the tantrums. This morning was AWEFUL, but somehow, through love, listening and patience, she seems to be over it. I believe it is the "back to school after a nice break with lots of fun, family and friends and I don't want to ever do any of this schoolwork again and besides why do I need to know that anyway?!" funk. She announced last week that she plans to retire as a job (huh?). I believe in the heart of her childhood some angst has hit, she is a very perceptive child and I think she sees her younger sister, playing, having fun. Sees how easy Anya's work is (easy for Fi) and wishes things were easier.
I get that. There just anything to do or say about it.

Thankfully, Fi is back to her joyful , bouncy, studius self after a blowout this morning. 
Oh and Anya says 'I'm Hepertized", I love Anya-isms!

Oh and check out Fi's little blog about Puck, it's for a science class at co-op. She's using it t log his activities and pictures she takes each day of him...she is very excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment